Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I am going to be on Call for Help Today!


Hi Leo, Amber, Mike, Sean,
First of all, we love your show. My parents subscribed to Digital TV just to get this show.
Now for my question ...
I am 5 months old and have a blog chronicling my daily adventures. I would like to keep a local copy of this blog so that when I grow up I can look at it even if my blog site (blogger.com) disappears. I tried using Firefox's Scrapbook extension but it doesn't seem to be doing quite what I want. When I save only 1 level deep it stores most of the site but it does not store my videoclips. My videoclips are posted on Clipshack (which is a video sharing site like YouTube etc.). If I store 2 levels down it still doesn't save my videoclips. I know there's a Firefox extension to download Flash videos but I don't know if it can work in conjunction with the scrapbook extension.

1) Is there any way to store a local copy of my complete blog (including the videoclips)?
2) Should I be using some other tool, for example something that will allow me to create my blog locally and then with one button publish it to the web? And if so, does such a tool exist?