Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I am a little sick

I have been sick for a few days with diarrhea it seems. We really can't figure out what caused it. I don't have a fever. I am teething but I am not sure if that could be the reason. I haven't eaten anything new lately.

I saw my paediatrician today. Here are my measurements:
- Weight: 13.3kgs
- Head circumference: 48cm
- Height: I am about 84-85cms tall (I wouldn't stay still long enough to get a sure measurement).

Because of my digestive problem right now, the doctor recommended to take me completely off of milk for at least 24 hours. Milk is hard to digest and can aggravate the problem. Foods that he recommended I eat are: Rice, Apples & Bananas.

Other things I can eat are:
- rice / rice cereal
- grains (bread)
- crackers
- noodles
- mashed potatoes
- carrots
- applesauce
- bananas

I ate a whole banana this morning, 2-3 crackers later on, a peach cut into little bits, 1 cookie, some of my mom's chicken sandwich (mostly the bread), some french fries, plus I drank lots of water. I seem to be doing ok. The only problem is the bile from the diarrhea scalded my little bottom even though my parents made sure to wash me the second I had anything in my diaper. It is so sore that when they would wash me I would scream and cry. I haven't had any diarrhea since this afternoon so hopefully I am on the road to recovery.