Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I had my 6 month visit to the Doctor today

My appointment is a few days early (before I actually turn 6 months old) because the Doctor is away on vacation next week. I had 2 vaccinations today ... and I didn't even cry. I had to be very very brave, especially for my Dad who might have started bawling his eyes out.
I am officially 71cm long and weigh 9.3kg (20.5lbs). The circumference around my noggin is 44.1cm. The paediatrician told my parents to remember ROBM, a mnemonic to represent Rice, Oatmeal, Barley, & Mixed. This is the order in which to try cereals with me one week at a time. They are supposed to mix it with milk and give me 3 tablespoons in the morning and 3 at night. At seven months at 1pm, they should start adding a feeding of mashed veggies, starting with the non leafy types such as carrots, zucchini, squash, then spinach, cabbage, broccoli. The reason to try the leafy ones later is that they are gas producing and may upset my stomach a little.